- If I sign up for FasTrak® online today, when will I receive my transponder?
- You will receive your FasTrak® transponder in the mail within 3-5 business days.
- How do I Register a transponder I obtained at a retail location?
- If you obtained your FasTrak from AAA, Costco or Albertsons, you must register it immediately online or by phone by calling 511 and saying “ExpressLanes”. Prior to registration, $25 is held as a transponder deposit and the remaining balance of $15 is available as prepaid tolls. If you register your FasTrak to an account that is automatically replenished by credit card, the $25 deposit will be moved into the prepaid toll balance. If you register your FasTrak to an account that is replenished by a cash/check payment, the $25 will remain as the transponder deposit.
What are the requirements to qualify for the MEL Low-Income Assistance Plan?
You must be an LA county resident, provide proof of eligibility, and meet an annual income requirement. Click here for detailed information on the plan.
- How do I sign up as a Business Account?
- Business Accounts are for customers with more than four transponders.
- Are there any monthly fees associated with having a FasTrak® account?
Yes, a monthly $1 account maintenance fee is assessed. This monthly fee is waived for MEL Low-Income Assistance Plan account holders ONLY.
- When will I receive my FasTrak® statement?
FasTrak statements are e-mailed monthly or mailed quarterly free of charge. If you prefer to receive a monthly paper statement, your account will be charged $2 for each monthly statement. You will select your preferred method of statement delivery at the time of account opening and can change your option at any time.
- Why does my statement show my license plate number listed for my trip instead of my transponder number?
- The toll amount was posted to your account based upon your license plate, most likely because your transponder was not read. In accordance with California state law, transponders must be properly mounted on your windshield.
For more information regarding how to properly install your transponder, please see the mounting instructions.
- How do I access my account online?
- You may monitor your account usage by logging onto your account at www.metroexpresslanes.net. If you have any account-related questions, you may contact the Metro ExpressLanes Customer Service Center by sending a message through your online account or calling 511 (in LA County) or 877-224-6511 (outside LA County) and saying "ExpressLanes".
- How can I update the information on my FasTrak® account?
- You can update all account information online. You will need to enter your account number, username, or transponder number as well as your password or you can call 511 and say "ExpressLanes" or 877-224-6511 if you are outside of LA, Orange or Ventura Counties.
- Can I find out my current FasTrak® account balance online?
Yes, you can access your account 24/7 online. You will need to enter your account number, username, or transponder number as well as your password or you can call 511 and say "ExpressLanes" (or 877-224-6511 if you are outside of Los Angeles, Orange or Ventura counties).
You can view your charges online. Once you are logged in to your account, you can view past statements or transaction history. Depending on the statement delivery preference you selected at the time you opened your account, you will either receive your statement by mail or e-mail.
- How do I add a vehicle to my account?
You may add/delete license plates on your account by logging onto your account at www.metroexpresslanes.net. Click on "Vehicles and Transponders" then "Add Vehicles".
If you have a personalized plate, disabled plate or special category plate, you must add your vehicle with the Metro ExpressLanes Customer Service Center
- Where can I view my charges?
- You can view your charges online at metroexpresslanes.net. To login to your account, click on the My Account tab. Once you are logged in to your account, you can view past statements or transaction history. Depending on the statement delivery preference you selected at the time you opened your account, you will either receive your statement by mail or e-mail.
- Do I have to mount my transponder?
- Yes, your transponder must be mounted on your windshield according to the instructions provided. Section 23302 (a) of the California Vehicle Code requires that the transponder be visible for the purpose of enforcement at all times when the vehicle is traveling on the Metro ExpressLanes.
- How do I make changes to my account information?
- It is important to keep your account information (vehicles, credit card information, mailing address, phone number and e-mail address) current at all times. You can make updates online at metroexpresslanes.net or by calling the Metro ExpressLanes Customer Service Center at 511 (and say "ExpressLanes").
- How is the prepaid balance in my account replenished?
Your replenishment amount is based on your average monthly usage. For example, if your account is opened with an initial prepaid balance of $40.00 and your usage per month is approximately $100.00, your replenishment amount will be updated to $100.00. Your replenishment threshold and replenishment amount are subject to change based on your usage per the terms and conditions of the Metro ExpressLanes License Agreement.
- How is the replenishment amount determined?
- The replenishment amount is initially set to $40 for credit card accounts and $50 for cash/check accounts. Every three months your average toll usage is calculated and your replenishment is adjusted to the calculated average if your average usage amount is greater than the initial pre-paid toll balance amount.
- When is my replenishment threshold and replenishment amount adjusted?
- The first replenishment calculation is performed 35 days after account opening and then every three months following the initial calculation.
- What happens when my FasTrak® account balance gets low or drops to zero?
It is your responsibility to monitor and track your account balance and to ensure that you have adequate funds to cover toll charges at the time of usage. You will receive courtesy communication via email letting you know your account requires replenishment. FasTrak accounts are prepaid accounts and your FasTrak transponder will not accept charges if your account does not have sufficient funds to cover the charges.
- What happens if I use FasTrak® with no funds in my account?
If you use the transponder when there are not sufficient funds in your account, the transactions will be processed as a toll evasion violation. Violations are subject to penalties, vehicle registration withholding and collection action as provided by law. In addition, accounts reaching a negative balance will be charged a $25 fee.
- What are the Terms and Conditions of the FasTrak® license agreement?
- You can access the full
terms and conditions on our website metroexpresslanes.net, or visit one of our
walk-in center locations in Gardena or El Monte.
- Will my privacy be protected?
- How do I close my account?
- You can close your account by informing the Metro ExpressLanes Customer Service Center that you would like to close your account and return all transponders and pay any outstanding amounts that may be due. You can either return your transponders by mail or in person to one of our Walk-in locations. If you cannot locate a transponder that is listed on your account you may log into your account and mark the transponder as lost. After all transponders are returned, contact the Metro ExpressLanes Customer Service Center to request the account be closed. If you have a balance on your account, a refund will be processed 21 days after the closure to ensure any outstanding transactions are completely processed.
- How do I get extra adhesive strips?
You can request additional adhesive strips online or by calling the Metro ExpressLanes Customer Service Center at 511 (and saying "ExpressLanes"). If making the request online, login to My Account, select Vehicles and Transponders and then click on Request Supplies. Indicate the number of adhesive strips you would like and they will be mailed to you within 3 business days.