- If I sign up for FasTrak® online today, when will I receive my transponder?
- You will receive your FasTrak® Flex transponder in the mail within 3-5 business days.
- How do I Register a transponder I obtained at a retail location?
- If you obtained your FasTrak Flex from AAA, Costco or Albertsons, you must activate it immediately online or by phone by calling (877) 812-0022. Prior to registration, $25 is held as a transponder deposit and the remaining balance of $15 is available as prepaid tolls. If you activate your FasTrak to an account that is automatically replenished by credit card, the $25 deposit will be moved into the prepaid toll balance. If you activate your FasTrak to an account that is replenished by a cash/check payment, the $25 will remain as the transponder deposit.
- Are there any monthly fees associated with having a FasTrak® account?
Yes, a monthly $1 account maintenance fee is assessed. This monthly fee is waived for Low-Income Assistance Plan account holders ONLY.
- When will I receive my FasTrak® statement?
FasTrak statements are e-mailed monthly or mailed quarterly free of charge. If you prefer to receive a monthly paper statement, your account will be charged $2 for each monthly statement. You will select your preferred method of statement delivery at the time of account opening and can change your option at any time.
- Why does my statement show my license plate number listed for my trip instead of my transponder number?
- The toll amount was posted to your account based upon your license plate, most likely because your transponder was not read. In accordance with California state law, transponders must be properly mounted on your windshield.
- How do I access my account online?
- You may monitor your account usage, or update account infomration, by logging onto your account. If you need assistance, you may contact the Metro ExpressLanes Customer Service Center by sending a message through your online account or calling (877) 812-0022.
- How do I add a vehicle to my account?
You may add/delete license plates by clicking on this link Manage Vehicles (need link to manage vehicles inside account).
- What happens when my FasTrak® account balance gets low or drops to zero?
It is your responsibility to monitor and track your account balance and to ensure that you have adequate funds to cover toll charges at the time of usage. You will receive courtesy communication via email letting you know your account requires replenishment. FasTrak accounts are prepaid accounts and your FasTrak Flex transponder will not accept charges if your account does not have sufficient funds to cover the charges.
- What happens if I use my FasTrak® Flex with no funds in my account?
If you use the transponder when there are not sufficient funds in your account, the transactions will be processed as a toll evasion violation. Violations are subject to penalties, vehicle registration withholding and collection action as provided by law. In addition, accounts reaching a negative balance will be charged a $25 fee.
- How do I close my account?
- You can close your account by informing the Metro ExpressLanes Customer Service Center that you would like to close your account and return all transponders and pay any outstanding amounts that may be due. You can either return your transponders by mail at no cost, or in person to one of our Walk-in locations. If you cannot locate a transponder that is listed on your account you may log into your account and mark the transponder as lost. After all transponders are returned, contact the Metro ExpressLanes Customer Service Center to request the account be closed. If you have a balance on your account, a refund will be processed 21 days after the closure to ensure any outstanding transactions are completely processed.
- How do I get extra Velcro® strips?
You can request additional Velcro® strips online or by calling (877) 812-0022. If making the request online, click on the following link Request Velcro®. Indicate the number of adhesive strips you would like and they will be mailed to you within 3 business days.
- Where should I mount my transponder if my car has a metal oxide windshield?
- If your vehicle has a metal oxide windshield you should consult your vehicle owner's manual or contact your dealership for the proper mounting location.
- My FasTrak® Flex transponder isn't beeping. Is it not working?
- If your FasTrak Flex is not beeping you may need a replacement transponder. Please contact the Metro ExpressLanes Customer Service Center to obtain a replacement transponder. Upon request of a new transponder, you will be asked to return the faulty transponder.